SPS Online Resources & Databases: A-Z
SPS Online Resources & Databases: A-Z
On school computers, clicking these links will take you directly to the resource.
On non-school computer, you will need a username and password to access them. Please see Ms. Hubert in the library to learn the username and password!
- ABC CLIO American Government, American History, Daily Life Through History, Pop Culture Universe
- bibme Automated bibliography maker helps you cite your sources
- Clean Video Search Access to YouTube content for students
- CultureGrams CultureGrams (video) helps researchers discover the world with concise cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations — from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe
- Dictionary, Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Lists English words in alphabetical order and gives their meaning
- EasyBib Automated bibliography maker helps you cite your sources
- eLibrary General reference tool that delivers a broad collection of periodical and digital media content, from newspapers and magazines to maps and videos, for researchers of all ages.
- Facts on File: Issues and Controversies Explores topics in business, politics, government, education and popular culture. Builds a deeper understanding of historical events.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library An electronic database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research
- Greenwood Skills Center Resources to improve your research and writing skills.
- HistoryLink.org Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History
- International Children’s Digital Library Collection of International Online books
- ipl2 – Internet Public Library A collection of websites for information, reference and research
- Learn 360 Learn360 is an interactive media-on-demand service which includes streaming video, audio and accompanying support materials. Content is correlated to state standards, provincial standards and 21st century learning initiatives.
- Math in Focus Online math textbooks for our district adopted math curriculum for K-5
- Medline Plus Medline Plus is the National Institute of Health’s Web site produced by the National Library of Medicine. Brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues.
- National Science Digital Library (NSDL) NSDL is the Nation’s online library for education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics funded by the National Science Foundation
- Novelist Makes it quick and easy to find the books you will love
- Novelist K-8 Makes it quick and easy to find the books you will love grades k-8
- OSPI Superintendent of Public Instruction: Social Studies Standards
The Social Studies Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) describe what students should know and be able to do in civics, economics, geography, history and social study skills.
- Pebble Go: Animals Designed exclusively for the needs of K-3 researchers.
- Proquest History Study Center History Study Center offers valuable historical reference material that covers 14 centuries of history–from ancient to modern, old world to new world.
- Proquest Learning Literature Delivers more than 180,000 searchable works of literature from medieval times to the present. Students can find author biographies, contemporary criticism, reviews, and multimedia resources organized into more than 3,000 Author Pages. It also features 100+ searchable full-text literary journals and magazines for the latest in literary criticism.
- Proquest Newspapers Aggregate search of Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Christian Science Monitor, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and local newspapers
- Proquest Research Library From business and political science to literature and psychology, ProQuest Research Library and trade; provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects. It features a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, and newspapers.
- Seattle Public Library The Seattle public library
- Seattle Public Library, Teens Includes homework help and online resources
- Seattle Public Schools Online Library Catalog Online Seattle Public Schools library catalog. Search by location, reading level, award winners and more.
- SIRS, ProQuest
- SIRS Researcher: Topical pro/con coverage of current and enduring issues, including more than 300 Leading Issues
- SIRS Government Reporter: Resources by and about the U.S. government
- SIRS Renaissance: Current perspectives on the arts and humanities
- SIRS Decades: Link to a portal of primary and secondary sources covering 20th Century American History
- SIRS Discoverer: Link to content selected for younger researchers in grades 3-9
- SIRS WebSelect A collection of more than 20,000 reliable and credible websites
- Starwalk Kids Media Collection of online eBooks that can be downloaded to iPad, kindle fires, and android tablets
- TeachingBooks.net TeachingBooks.net is an easy-to-use website that adds a multi-media dimension to the reading experiences of children’s and young adult books
- TumbleBook Library Online collection of animated, talking picture books
- Visual Thesaurus The Visual Thesaurus is an interactive dictionary and thesaurus which creates word maps that blossom with meanings and branch to related words.
- Washington Career Bridge Explore careers and find the educational path to reach career goals.
- Where are you going 2015-2017 Tools to chart your career path
- World Book Online encyclopedia designed to cover major areas of knowledge uniformly, but it shows particular strength in scientific, technical, and medical subjects
- World Book Kids Worldbook’s version of their online encyclopedia for younger students