Main navigation

Counseling Center

Transcript Requests and Middle School Credit


There are two types of transcripts – official and unofficial.

Official transcripts can be paper or electronic Paper copies are sealed in an envelope, stamped with the school seal and signed; they cannot be opened. If you open them, they will no longer be official. Paper copies can be ordered from the school counseling office.

Official transcripts can also be requested and submitted to colleges using Naviance. Naviance is the software that SPS uses for College and Career Planning. If you are applying to a Common App School, you will need to sync your Common Application Account with Naviance to request transcripts, letters of recommendation, and supplemental documents. Directions to sync your Common Application Account with Naviance .

Unofficial transcripts are unsealed and printed with no signature. Transcripts are only available to students who are currently attending or graduated within the last two years. Students who graduated previous to two years must request transcripts from the district office downtown and pay the transcript fee.

Middle School Grades on Transcripts

The process for adding credit and grades for high school courses taken in Seattle Public Schools middle schools to your High School Transcript has changed. Additional information on this new process will be posted to the website soon. If you have questions about this process contact the school counseling office.